Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Did anyone attend the David Axelrod show in L.A last night?

It was a grand evening at Hollywoods Eygptian Theatre, highlighted by a film that presented a relatively young orchestra performing the sweeping landscapes of david axelrods compositions. It was great seeing a lot young people in the audience. the shopws popularity may be because of the heavily hiphop-sampled music acquired through Mr. Axelrods music. After learning Mr. Axelrod is an avid Dr. Dre fan, I have a greater respect for this composer/ arranger.

Did anyone attend the David Axelrod show in L.A last night?
I sure didnt, but I would have tried my best to go if I lived in LA. Im also comforted by the fact that there were young people in the audience- Im young, and I collect breakbeats and rare funk and soul. It seems as if way too many people listen to awful popcorn music. Maybe some are starting to catch on to the superior music from the past.


No comments:

Post a Comment