Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Help in Public Speaking class...Get 10 pts!!!?

Praise speech


Topic: Kimora Lee SImmons


Basis: She promotes self esteem, confidence and fabulosity in women young and old.





I need a killer attention getter and thesis statement. My audience is mostly young college girls so I am sure they can relate in regards to the self esteem. My professor keeps asking the class- why should the audience listen to me, what will they get out of it and what makes me credible(I've read her book, magazine ads, watch the show on the style network, saw mtv cribs)





I am going back to finish my degree after about 15 yrs off to raise the kids so I just need some things to get me kicked into high gear. Help!!!!

Help in Public Speaking class...Get 10 pts!!!?
Maybe you could start it off with a quote from her. She's said some pretty attention-grabbing things, and it would really transport everyone into 'her' world.


Like...


"I don't apologize for my diamonds, Rolls-Royce, Range Rover, or anything. Look, Queen Elizabeth has more diamonds than me. Why don't people attack her for it?" You can tie that in to: 1. A woman being proud of being rich and refusing to apologize for having money (after all, men never do, or feel like they should) and 2. How standards have changed for women (I mean, it IS true about Queen Elizabeth...) 3. How she's a hard ***, a ballsy person, but has all these incredible qualities (which you go on to explore in your speech.)
Reply:Haha, you could open up with something like "women are weak, women are dumb, women suck....these types of sexist comments have caused the dwindling of the confidence and self-esteem among women for generations...."





yadda yadda....not exactly like that, but something that comes off really harsh (puts your audience on the defensive) and then suck them into your speech.

tooth extraction

No comments:

Post a Comment