Monday, November 16, 2009

I need help describing certain music genres for my paper.....?

For a class i have, i have to describe pop, country, hip-hop, rock, alternative, and rap music genres. I need help wording these genres plz.


Example: Pop: happy, for younger audiences, upbeat.


But i need more info than just that.


HELP PLZZZ

I need help describing certain music genres for my paper.....?
I'd define pop as: "Short for 'popular'. Usually catchy, accesible, and upbeat."





Rock: "Very broad genre. Usually 'harder' than pop. Instruments are usually guitar, bass, drums, vocals, and sometimes keyboards."





Alternative: "A subgenre of rock. Anything different from the 'mainstream'. More specific definitions depend on what is currently popular. In the 90's, alternative was usually grunge, i.e. the bands Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, etc."





I don't know enough about the other genres, but I hope that helps you.


No comments:

Post a Comment